NXT UK is back and it’s coming back with a BANG!
WWE announced today that it’s NXT UK brand will be holding a UK Heritage Cup, which will take place over the next several weeks on the WWE Network. The matches however will not be standard singles matches; according to Sid Scala, assistant to NXT UK General Manager the matches will take places under “old British wrestling rules”.
NXT General Manager William Regal would go on to explain the rules of the eight-man tournament:
- Each match will consist of six, three-minute rounds. All matches being two-out-of-three falls matches
- Competitors can score a win via pin, countout, or submission.
- Once a competitor scores a fall, the round will end. If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is in the lead will win.
- Twenty second breaks in between each round.
- DQ & KO instantly ends the match.
Flash Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, A-Kid, Dave Mastiff, Joseph Connors, Trent Seven and Alexander Wolfe are the only confirmed competitors for now.
Additionally, it was announced that current champion Kay Lee Ray will defend her NXT UK Women’s title against Piper Niven on the September 24 episode of NXT UK. This will be Ray’s first televised title defense since early February.
Stay tuned to the Game Changer Sports Network for all of the latest updates!!
Would you like to advertise with Game Changer Sports Network? We have the perfect opportunity for any and all businesses please contact Jake at Info@GameChangerSportsNetwork.com to discuss potential advertising space with us!
Featured Image: WrestlingHeadlines.com, Sportskeeda