Day one of the MLB season held two guys as the world starts to bounce back from coronavirus. In this daily article series we will give you all the news and notes from each and every game on that given day.
New York Yankees: 4 Washington Nationals: 1
Yankees (1-0), Nationals (0-1). WP: G. Cole (1-0, 1.80 ERA) LP: M. Scherzer (0-1, 6.75 ERA)
- Juan Soto missed the game and will miss the foreseeable future after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Game ended after five innings due to rain.
- Max Scherzer struck out 11 in 5.1 innings.
- The only hit that Washington got was Adam Eaton’s Home Run (1) in the first inning.
- Giancarlo Stanton (1) hit a two run Home Run in the first inning.
Los Angeles Dodgers: 8 San Francisco Giants: 1
Dodgers (1-0), Giants (0-1). WP: A. Kolarek (1-0, 0.00 ERA) LP: T. Rodgers (0-1, 54.00 ERA)
- Clayton Kershaw was put on the IL earlier in the day and did not make the scheduled start, rookie Dustin May started instead.
- Mookie Betts signed a 12 year extension with the Dodgers earlier in the day.
- Johnny Cueto hasn’t pitched more than 5 innings in a start since July 22nd, 2018.
- The Giants bullpen gave up seven of the Dodgers eight runs
- Enrique Hernandez went 4 for 5 with a Home Run (1) and five RBI’s
Picture Source: Sports.Yahoo.com
Would you like to advertise with Game Changer Sports Network? We have the perfect opportunity for any and all businesses please contact Jake at Info@GameChangerSportsNetwork.com to discuss potential advertising space with us!