The NFL Playoffs are finally here and as usual the NFC is an absolute dog fight. With elite talent and exceptional coaches all over, the outcome is completely unknown. We know who was good during the regular season but who will make the leap to take the NFC and represent it in Superbowl LIV? Here is a list of the 6 NFC Playoff teams and how each of them can make that leap and be the last team standing.
- San Francisco 49ers- The key for San Francisco to win the NFC is Jimmy Garropolo. With an impressive 21-5 record as a starter, everything has seemingly fallen in place in San Fran and with the 1st seed in the playoff picture, they definitely control their own destiny. If Garropolo is unaffected by the playoff jitters and continues to be clutch in desperate moments, then it’s entirely possible the 49ers can coast their way into the Super Bowl, If he crumbles, the 49ers are susceptible to lose to any team not named the Eagles.
- Green Bay Packers- The Packers are in a very interesting position this year. Despite nagging limitations with their offensive personnel, they have managed to flourish with 13 wins. With a first round bye and home field advantage, the key to the Packer’s success is Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers hasn’t been bad, but he has certainly left a lot to be desired recently, If he can flip his switch and carry his team against a San Francisco or New Orleans then I think the Packers definitely have a chance to win the North.
- New Orleans Saints- The Saints have the advantage of playing in one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL for the wildcard round. Drew Brees has been nothing short of spectacular and Michael Thomas is quite literally unguardable. Oh, and they also have one of the league’s best defenses. They’re good. Really good. The key to them winning will be not beating themselves. As long as they do not allow themselves to become complacent or play carelessly, this team will likely win the NFC.
- Philadelphia Eagles- Somebody had to come out of the forsaken NFC East and well, at least it wasn’t the Cowboys. I don’t really see a legitimate way for the Eagles to win the NFC, but anything is possible in the NFL playoffs. The key to the Eagles winning out will be their health. Philadelphia has been riddled with injuries all year, and they added more in their win over the Giants on Sunday. If they can get healthier before their match up against Seattle, I suppose there is a chance.
- Seattle Seahawks- The Seahawks are always going to be in the game with Russell Wilson at the helm. Their key to success will be the players around Russ coming together and elevating him as much as he elevates them. If Peter Carroll’s defense can play good enough for Russ and the offense to hold the ball longer than their opponents, I would definitely say this team can win the NFC.
- Minnesota Vikings- This is the one team I have less faith in than the Eagles. While the Vikings have an excellent defensive front and great weapons on offense, Kirk Cousins has shown NO signs of being able to perform in big games. Their key will be Kirk rising above his critics and having an absolute monster game against the Saints on the road. Of course, I highly doubt this will happen, but if it does then there is no reason the Vikings cannot get to the Super Bowl.
Images Courtesy of USAtoday.com, ESPN.com, and Bleachereport.com
Would you like to advertise with Game Changer Sports Network? We have the perfect opportunity for any and all businesses, please contact Jake at Info@GameChangerSportsNetwork.com to discuss potential advertising space with us.