Mike Milbury, an analyst for NBC Sports, has been receiving backlash for a comment made last night while on air.

While talking about the players’ bubble life he said : “not even any women here to disrupt their concentration.”

He immediately got a lot of criticism for the exchange and has gained a lot of media attention regarding the incident that some have been calling sexist.

Milbury apologized the next day regarding the incident, he had this to say : “I sincerely apologize for making the comment. It was not my intention to disrespect anyone. I was trying to be irreverent and took it a step too far. It was a regrettable mistake that I take seriously.”

The NHL released their statement on the incident today, they had this to say “The National Hockey League condemns the insensitive and insulting comment that Mike Milbury made during last night’s broadcast and we have communicated our feelings to NBC. The comment did not reflect the NHL’s values and commitment to making our game more inclusive and welcoming to all.”

NBC Sports stated that they have talked to Milbury and have expressed their disappointment in his actions on air.

Picture source : USA Today

Would you like to advertise with Game Changer Sports Network? We have the perfect opportunity for any and all businesses please contact Jake at Info@GameChangerSportsNetwork.com to discuss potential advertising space with us!

8 thoughts on “Mike Milbury In Hot Water

1. Dan says:

I don’t like Milbury, but when I saw the headline, I thought I was going to see that he actually said something bad or offensive. It’s true – men are naturally attracted to women, and those players need to focus on playing. That’s not offensive in the slightest. Our current society is offended by everything and anything though. Our current society, frankly, sucks.

1. Greg says:

I totally agree, Mikes statement was true. This sensitivity bullshit has got to stop😆

2. Llewellyn says:

Omg he hurt someone’s purse get over it when are we going to get over this petty BS

3. Diane Stark says:

I thought it was something serious. This world certainly has BIGGER issues to address. Hopefully NBC will re-evaluate their strong stance on the matter & understand what it is. A comment he deeply regrets & one that NBC should NOT wig out on.

4. Jim McCarty says:

Mike Milbury and Eddie Olczyk have been horrible for years. As a Red Wings fan, I never heard them call an objective game ever. Jeremy Roeneck was similar but thankfully he is gone. We love hockey and want it broadcasted with taste and ethics. These three have none of that. I can’t wait to say good buy Eddie and Pierre McGuire as well.

5. Bob says:

If he would have said…. “there’s not even any ketchup for them to put on their Mac and cheese” he would be in trouble with someone … I am NOT a Mike M fan. At all…. like at ALL. But this is tough.hes probably actually in trouble for disrespecting the playoff procedure. Go Sabres (eventually someday).

6. Barb M says:

Im not a fan of this guy either, but I guess Im missing something. As a woman, I didnt find it offensive. My opinion? Keep they eye on the prize without distractions… can we get back to the games now?? ( #LGRW we’ll be back)

7. LindaBrazil says:

It seems everything someone says now is offensive. It doesn’t have to be about anything or anyone in general. People are wined up so tight everyone is looking for any little thing to complain about. I am a woman and frankly I am tired of this wining. We are all of the human race. Male or female. This world is falling apart because of all people in general. Think about that.