In the second yearly simulation in MLB The Show 20, we use the Boston Red Sox. The Red Sox are coming off an 84-78 record and finished third in the AL East. The team also moved a lot of players, most notably star right fielder Mookie Betts. Also moved was veteran David Price, Rick Porcello, and Brock Holt.
The Red Sox still have some great pieces like Chris Sale, J.D. Martinez and Xander Bogaerts. In real life, Chris Sale had Tommy John surgery back in March, but in the simulation we’re going to pretend that the injury never happened. So without further ado, here is the MLB The Show 20 simulation of the Boston Red Sox.
- Traded 2B Jose Peraza to the Royals for SS Nicky Lopez
- Traded SP Daniel McGrath to the Nationals for CF Adam Eaton
- Traded RP Matt Barnes to the Twins for C Willians Astudillo
- Traded CP Trevor Hildenberger to the Padres for RP Matt Strahm
- Traded SP Jay Groome, RP Thad Ward, and CP Gerson Bautista to the Pirates for 3B Colin Moran
- Traded SS Jonathan Arauez to the Rays for RP Oliver Drake
- Traded SS Nicky Lopez to the Marlins for SP Caleb Smith
AL East Standings
w = Clinched Wild Card
|CF||Jackie Bradley Jr.||91||310||7||35||5||.284|
|CF||(IL) Adam Eaton||77||289||4||24||13||.260|
|SP||(IL) Chris Sale||9-15||0||195.1||212||4.01||1.20|
Red Sox Award Winners
- Christian Vazquez – Gold Glove C
- Michael Chavis – Gold Glove 3B
- Xander Bogaerts – Silver Slugger SS
- J.D. Martinez – Silver Slugger Outfield
Red Sox League Leaders
- Xander Bogaerts – Hits (201)
- Ryan Weber – Walks Allowed (31)
Red Sox All-Stars
- CP Brandon Workman
- SS Xander Bogaerts
- LF J.D. Martinez
2020 MLB Playoffs
End of Season Wrap-Up
The team made a few key trades in the season acquiring Adam Eaton, Caleb Smith, and Matt Strahm, but it wasn’t enough. Xander Bogaerts, J.D. Martinez and Rafael Devers both had incredible seasons batting over .300, and Bogaerts and Martinez hitting 40 and 43 home runs respectively. Dustin Pedroia only appeared in 108 games, but hit .301 with only 37 RBIs.
The rotation and the bullpen didn’t perform well at all. Only one pitcher had an ERA under 3.50, and that was Oliver Drake who only pitched 56.2 innings. Chris Sale ended the season on the injured list, but was 9-15 before being placed on the IL. Eduardo Rodriguez and Ryan Weber both had 13 wins, but as stated earlier neither had an ERA under 3.50.
So there is the simulation for the 2020 Boston Red Sox! Be sure to check back to GCSN for the rest of the MLB The Show 20 simulations and let us know which teams you would like to see next!
Featured Photo: Matthew Boyce – GCSN
Would you like to advertise with Game Changer Sports Network? We have the perfect opportunity for any and all businesses, please contact Jake at Info@GameChangerSportsNetwork.com to discuss potential advertising space with us!