- Clemson (2-0)
- Week 2: Win vs. Texas A&M 24-10
- Week 2 ranking: 1
- Breakdown: the offense has been a bit underwhelming through two weeks compared to the astronomical expectations it and Trevor Lawrence had. But the defense has been suffocating. Two weeks and two easy wins and Clemson remains atop the poll.
- Week 3: @Syracuse 9/14, 7:30PM
2. LSU (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Texas 45-38
- Week 2 ranking: 6
- Breakdown: What an impressive week 2 victory over Texas. To win on the road in a hostile environment against a really good team is always a challenge but the Tigers did just that on Saturday. Joe Burrow may be the best QB LSU has had since JaMarcus Russell and combining his emergence as one of college’s best QBs with the offenses shift to more spread formations could be the recipe for a lethal team in Baton Rouge.
- Week 3: vs. Northwestern State, 9/14, 7:30PM
3. Alabama (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. New Mexico State 62-10
- Week 2 rankings: 2
- Breakdown: Nothing to see here with the Crimson Tide. They just haven’t played anyone, and LSU just got one of the more impressive wins we’ll see all season. Being ranked 3rd versus 2nd means nothing as a November showdown between numbers 2 and 3 looms large.
- Week 3: @South Carolina, 9/14, 3:30PM
4. Georgia (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Murray State 63-17
- Week 2 rankings: 3
- Breakdown: Georgia had no problems with Murray State. They rushed for 269 yards on the ground and five touchdowns. Jake Fromm added another through the air before the starters were taken out midway through the 3rd quarter.
- Week 3: vs Arkansas State, 9/14 12:00PM
5. Oklahoma (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. South Dakota State 70-14
- Week 2 ranking: 4
- Breakdown: Another 3 touchdowns through the air for Jalen Hurts as he continues his quest to become Oklahoma’s 3rd straight Heisman winning quarterback.
- Week 3: @UCLA, 9/14 8:00PM
6. Ohio State (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Cincinnati 42-0
- Week 2 ranking: 5
- Breakdown: Ohio State beat a team 42-0 that received votes to be included in in the AP top 25 last week. Granted it was Cincinnati and the game was at the Horse Shoe, but still. The Ryan Day era could not be off to a better start through two weeks.
- Week 3: vs. Indiana, 9/14, 12:00PM
7. Auburn (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Tulane 24-6
- Week 2 ranking: 9
- Breakdown: Auburn’s 24-6 win over Tulane may not have been as dominating as Tigers’ fans would have hope for. They let Tulane stick around for a bit but there was never any real danger of the Green Wave making a game of it.
- Week 3: vs. Kent State, 9/14, 7:00PM
8. Utah (8-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Northern Illinois 35-17
- Week 2 ranking: 12
- Breakdown: Both sides of the ball are off to a good start for the Utes which is a good sign for them and the Pac 12 as Utah is likely the only true threat the conference has of making the College Football Playoff for the first time in 3 years.
- Week 3: vs. Idaho State, 9/14, 4:30PM
9. Michigan (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Army 24-21 (2OT)
- Week 2 ranking: 7
- Breakdown: Big Blue has a ton of problems on offense right now. It hasn’t helped that receiver Donavan Peoples-Jones has yet to play this season. But regardless if Peoples-Jones is out there or not, Shea Patterson needs to be much better or he’ll find himself on the bench and Michigan will find themselves out of big 10 contention.
- Week 3: bye
10. Michigan State (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Western Michigan 51-17
- Week 2 ranking: 13
- Breakdown: Sparty had little problem with Western Michigan exploding for 51 points after getting a little more than half that (28) in week 1.
- Week 3: vs. Arizona State, 9/14, 4:00PM
11. Penn State (2-0)
- Week 2: win 45-13 vs. Buffalo
- Week 2 ranking: 14
- Breakdown: Another Penn State blowout win has the Nittany Lions at 2-0. QB Sean Clifford has thrown 6 TDs and 0 INTS through the first two games.
- Week 3: vs. Pittsburgh, 9/14, 12:00PM
12. Florida (2-0)
- Week 2: win 45-0 vs. Florida
- Week 2 ranking: 15
- Breakdown: Feleipe Franks was much better in game 2 than he was in game 1. He threw as many incompletions as he did touchdowns in their 45-0 win over Tennessee-Martin
- Week 3: @Kentucky, 9/14, 7:00PM
13. Texas (1-1)
- Week 2: Loss vs. LSU 38-45
- Week 2 ranking: 10
- Breakdown: A hard fought loss to LSU sees the Longhorns move down in the poll. But every time it looked like the Tigers were going to put the game away, Texas came back showing just how much fight they have. Sam Ehlinger is capable of leading this team to a Big 12 title and maybe beyond.
- Week 3: @Rice, 9/14, 8:00PM
14. Notre Dame (1-0)
- week 2: bye
- Week 2 ranking: 16
- Breakdown: Notre Dame sat idle as they prepare to take on New Mexico on Saturday before a trip to Athens to play Georgia.
- Week 3: vs. New Mexico, 9/14, 2:30PM
15. Wisconsin (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Central Michigan 61-0
- Week 2 ranking: 20
- Breakdown: For the 2nd straight week, Wisconsin had their game won by halftime. Jonathan Taylor is back to 2017 form and the Badgers are back to being a force in the Big 10.
- Week 3: bye
16. Oregon (1-1)
- Week 2: win vs. Nevada 77-6
- Week 2 ranking: 17
- Breakdown: There would be no hangover for the Ducks after their disappointing loss to Auburn. Oregon could still make the playoffs but would almost certainly need to go undefeated the rest of the way.
- Week 3: vs. Montana, 9/14, 10:45PM
17. Iowa (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Rutgers 30-0
- Week 2 ranking: 19
- Breakdown: Iowa is 1-0 in the Big 10 after shutting out Rutgers at home. Nate Staley threw three touchdowns and AJ Espinosa had a sack in the win.
- Week 3: @Iowa State, 9/14, 4:30PM
18. UCF (2-0)
- Week 2: win @ Florida Atlantic 48-14
- Week 2 ranking: 18
- Breakdown: Dillon Gabriel got the start at QB for the Knights and he delivered extending their regular season win streak to 24.
- Week 3: vs. Stanford, 9/14, 3:30PM
19. Texas A&M (1-1)
- Week 2: Loss @Clemson 10-24
- Week 2 ranking: 11
- Breakdown: The defense played great during the first half of Saturday’s game against Clemson. But the offense wasn’t able to make enough plays to put any sort of scare into the defending National Championship. Their schedule is brutal and hopefully for Aggies’ fans, Kellon Mond will be better.
- Week 3: vs. Lamar, 9/14, 7:00PM
20. Mississippi State (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Southern Mississippi 38-15
- Week 2 ranking: 22
- Breakdown: A 9-10 effort with a touchdown for Tommy Stevens gave the Bulldogs another easy non-conference win.
- Week 3: vs. Kansas State, 9/14, 12:00PM
21. Washington (1-1)
- Week 2: loss vs. Cal 19-20
- Week 2 ranking: 8
- Breakdown: A near three-hour weather delay and a suffocating defense were enough to hand the Huskies their first loss of the season and damper their playoff hopes. The offense failed to break the 300-yard mark
- week 3: vs. Hawaii, 9/14, 7:30PM
22. Boise State (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Marshall 14-7
- Week 2 ranking: 23
- Breakdown: Marshall gave everything Boise State could handle in their week 2 matchup. But Marshall is historically one of the best teams in the MAC. If anything, this game will be a teaching moment telling the Brocnos that an undefeated regular season will be anything but a cakewalk.
- week 3: vs. Portland State, 9/14, 10:15PM
23. Iowa State (1-0)
- Week 2: bye
- Week 2 ranking: 24
- Breakdown: Hopefully Iowa State figured out their offensive woes during their bye week. They’ll need to be much better against Iowa this week then they were against Northern Iowa. The Hawkeyes defense is in a completely different category compared to Northern Iowa’s.
- Week 3: vs. Iowa, 9/14, 4:00PM
24. Washington State (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Northern Colorado 59-17
- Week 2 ranking: N/A
- Breakdown: The cougars offense eclipsed the 50 point mark for the second consecutive week. Quarterback Anthony Gordon is proving to be a viable replacement for Gardner Minshew but his biggest test awaits with a trip to Texas to take on Houston.
- Week 3: @Houston, 9/13, 9:15PM
25. Maryland (2-0)
- Week 2: win vs. Syracuse 63-20
- Week 2 ranking: N/A
- Breakdown: After absolutely obliterating Syracuse on Saturday, Maryland finds themselves as the seventh Big 10 team to crack the top 25. QB Josh Jackson has done a great job of distributing the football to all his players. 8 Terps have caught a TD through the first two games.
- Week 3: @Temple, 9/14, 12:00PM
Featured photo: aseaofblue.com
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities with The Game Changer Sports Network please contact Jake at Jake.Jollymore@Gmail.com