The NFL season is officially underway as teams have and fans alike have the first official look at their players
Atlanta Falcons @ Philadelphia Eagles
– Matt Ryan and Julio Jones cannot connect on the red zone still. They are now 1 for 20 in the last two seasons.
– Atlanta S Keanu Neal will miss the rest of the season with a Torn ACL.
– This is the Nick Foles we all expected to see at the end of last season, But even when he has a bad game, the rest of this team can pick it up and win the game.
Cleveland Browns @ Pittsburgh Steelers
– Cleveland’s rookie CB Denzel Ward is going to be a superstar. He pulled in two interceptions off Ben Roethlisberger.
– Cleveland may have tied this game, but they already will have a better record than last season.
– Antonio Brown became the second fastest Wide Receiver ever to reach 10,000 yards receiving.
– No Le’Veon Bell, no problem. James Conner went off for 135 yards rushing on 31 attempts with a pair of touchdowns.
– Ben Roethlisberger had a rough game in which he relied on Smith-Shuster and Brown who combined for 212 of Ben’s 335 passing yards. He threw three Interceptions before halftime before calming down and settling in.
Houston Texans @ New England Patriots
– In his first game at the age of 41, Patriots QB Tom Brady has not missed a beat. He threw to everyone with hands early and often.
– The revamped front seven look almost lethal getting to Watson quick all day. They managed three sacks on the game.
– Deshaun Watson looks like he has quite a bit of rust in his gameplay. He started the game 1 for 7 with 3 yards passing on the first three drives.
– J.J. Watt struggled to get to the QB for the entire first half before opening up a can of beast mode for the second. He may not have gotten a sack but he was all over Brady for the second half of the game.
Cincinnati Bengals @ Indianapolis Colts
– Andrew Luck is finally back and playing to a high caliber. Luck passed for over 300 yards and tossed 2 touchdowns in his re-debut.
– The Indianapolis defense still is one of the worst in the league giving up 34 points to a mediocre bengals offense
– Joe Mixon looks like he’s about to have the year everyone thought he would have last year.
– Andy Dalton showed better poise in this game than any game last season. That will be an interesting thing to watch throughout the season.
San Fransisco 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings
– It’s only week 1 and the payoff for that huge Kirk Cousins contract is already well worth it. Cousins had some perfect passes downfield in this game.
– Minnesota had a weak run game. People expected Dalvin Cook to come out of the gate on fire. This is more realistic. He should grow back into his role by midseason.
– We finally learned that Jimmy Garopollo is after all human. He lost his first game as starter and threw three interceptions.
Jacksonville Jaguars @ New York Giants
– Giants RB Saquan Barkley is dangerous in open space. Otherwise he seemed to be rather containable. Jacksonville showed him what a top defense can do.
– The a game of who’s defense is better, Sacksonville held on for the win. Myles Jack pick six was the game changer.
– Blake Bortles wasn’t the worst and he wasn’t he best. He did exactly what was needed to get his team a win.
Buffalo Bills @ Baltimore Ravens
– If the Bills didn’t want to start QB Josh Allen yet, they shouldn’t have traded AJ McCarron. Starter Nathan Peterman was benched after a 5 for 18 for 24 yards and a pair of interceptions.
– Baltimore put up 47 amount of points on a god awful buffalo team. This team still is not that good, Buffalo is just that bad.
– Joe Flacco did show that he can still be a hair better than a mediocre QB in this game with a trio of impressive TD passes.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints
– In an absolute slugfest, the Ryan Fitzpatrick led Tampa Bay Buccaneers outlasted Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints. They combined for 836 passing yards, 7 touchdowns, and not a single interception.
– Four receivers finished the game with over 100 yards receiving (Micheal Thomas, NO, 180, Mike Evans, TB, 147, Desean Jackson, TB, 146, Alvin Kamara, NO, 112)
Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins
– Longest ever NFL game due to weather delays.
– Tennessee could not get lucky in this game as player injuries continued to rack up.
– Miami pulled off a win but it didn’t look pretty in the process.
Washington Redskins @ Arizona Cardinals
– Adrian Peterson looks like he is still in his late twenties rather than being a 33 year old.
– the Redskins defense looks stone cold. Nothing went past them and they gave up 213 total yards, second best in the league this weekend.
– Sam Bradford looked like the QB we all expected him to be all along. He had the second least amount of passing yards for a starting QB this week with 153.
Kansas City Chiefs @ Los Angeles Chargers
– In another epic battle of QB’s, one new to the show young stud threw for 4 touchdown passes and the other been around the block veteran threw for over 400 yards.
– The difference maker in this game was the run game, although not by a lot of yards, the Chiefs managed the right runs and the right time.
– Tyreek Hill is set out to cement himself as a top ten receiver this year.
Dallas Cowboys @ Carolina Panthers
– Quite possibly the worst game that played out all weekend. Dallas proved that they are the most overrated team in the league once again.
– When your QB (Newton) finishes with more rushing yards than your RB (McCaffrey) but cant seem to get the ball moving through the air, you’re in no way a top ten team.
– The Cowboys pass rush looked much improved over last year
Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos
– Denver once again looked like a complete team. Keemun showed signs that he can lead Denver to the promiseland. Then again, he also showed you why he is not even in the top 15 QB conversation.
– Denver used a two RB system for the game that managed to tear through the Seattle front seven for 142 yards (between Freeman and Lindsay).
– Seattle’s defense looked the best it has since the legion of boom was alive and healthy. This is a good sign for Seahawks fans. Earl Thomas hasn’t missed a step.
Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers
– Aaron Rodgers Injury could prove to be detrimental down the line. Or it could be nothing. His week 2 status is still up in the air after clearly not wanting to put pressure on his leg while throwing.
– Roquan Smith sack on first play of his career. This new Chicago Bears defense looks nasty.
– Khalil Mack is already earning his money. While they may have limited him in play time, he still managed to wreck the Packers offense while he was on the game.
New York Jets @ Detroit Lions
– New Lions Head Coach Matt Patricia had some questionable play calling in this game. The defensive mastermind had a defense on the field that just looked lost.
– What happened to Matthew Stafford in this game? The Jets were apparently able to read his hand signals and audibles and it showed.
– Sam Darnold threw a pick six to start the game and calmed right down after that. That may have been the best thing that could have happened to him. He continued the game looking like a well seasoned field general.
– This defense was everywhere and knew what the offense was going to do all night. This is what a top 5 defense looks like, can they keep that up though.
Los Angeles Rams @ Oakland Raiders
– Marshawn Lynch proved that he still has power and legs as his team pushed him into the endzone through the entire Rams defense for three yards.
– When you call Jon Gruden a “QB mastermind” you might want to think again. Any QB can get 300 yards in a game in this day and age. The tell tale in this game was the zero to three TD to INT ratio.
– The Rams defense played exactly how everyone expected them to play. Oakland had very few exceptional plays in this game. The money is paying off for the Rams.
Picture Sources: ClevelandBrowns.com
Featured Picture Source: FantasyIsland.com
For advertising and sponsorship opportunities with The Game Changer Sports Network please contact Jake at Jake.Jollymore@Gmail.com