- Mark Trumbo (DH) – Out until mid-April with a right quad strain.
- Gabriel Ynoa (P) – Will start season on DL due to shin splints.
- Zach Britton (P) – Will miss start of season due to ruptured achilles.
Boston Red Sox:
- Tyler Thornburg (P) – Starting season on DL due to right shoulder surgery.
- Dustin Pedroia (2B) – Out 7 months after surgery on knee – 10/25/2017.
- Marco Hernandez (3B) – Currently on IR, has not started baseball activities.
- Steven Wright (P) – Suspended for 15 games – 03/23/2018
- Eduardo Rodriguez (P) – Currently on 10 day DL due to right knee issues – 03/26/2018
- Drew Pomeranz (P) – Currently on 10 day DL due to left forearm issues – 03/26/2018
New York Yankees:
- Greg Bird (1B) – Out 6-8 weeks with right foot inflammation – 03/24/2018
- Brandon Drury (3B) – Hit by pitch in left elbow, X-ray negative – 03/23/2018
- Clint Frazier (LF) – Out indefinitely with concussion.
- Jacoby Ellsbury (CF) – Will start season on DL.
Tampa Bay Rays:
Nothing to report.
Toronto Blue Jays:
- Troy Tulowitzki (SS) – Will miss opening day with bone spur in right heel.
Chicago White Sox:
- Kevan Smith (C) – Day to day with sprained left ankle – 03/21/2018
- Carlos Rodon (P) – Recovering from left shoulder surgery – September, 2017
- Ryan Merritt (P) – Starting season on DL due to left knee issues.
- Michael Brantley (LF) – Starting season on DL.
- Brandon Guyer (RF) – Uncertain for opening day, currently on IR.
- Danny Salazar (P) – Right shoulder inflammation, questionable for opening day.
- Johnny Barbato (P) – May begin season on DL due to elbow discomfort.
- Mike Fiers (P) – Likely to start season on DL with back stiffness.
Kansas City Royals:
- Jorge Bonifacio (RF) – Suspended 80 games at the start of regular season – 03/10/2018
- Nate Karns (P) – Recovering from thoracic outlet surgery – July.
- Jesse Hahn (P) – Currently on the 60-day DL with UCL sprain.
- Phil Hughes (P) – Listed as day to day with oblique strain – 03/25/2018
- Trevor May (P) – Out indefinitely as he recovers from Tommy John surgery.
- Jorge Polanco (SS) – Suspended 80 games for PED use.
- Ervin Santana (P) – Out indefinitely with finger injury.
- Yuli Gurriel (1B) – Suspended to start season, will likely be listed on DL.
- James Hoyt (P) – Day to day with strained left oblique – 03/24/2018
- Jandel Gustave (P) – Recovering from Tommy John surgery – June, 2017.
Los Angeles Angels:
- Andrew Heaney (P) – Out indefinitely with elbow inflammation.
- Alex Meyer (P) – Expected to miss all of 2018 after undergoing shoulder surgery.
- Renato Nunez (LF) – Day to day with right shoulder soreness.
- Ryan Dull (P) – Day to day with left hamstring injury.
- David Phelps (P) – Will start season on 60-day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- Ben Gamel (LF) – Strained right oblique, likely out until mid-April.
- Erasmo Ramirez (P) – Likely out until mid-April.
- Martin Perez (P) – Set to return April 5th, recovering from broken elbow.
- Jacob Lindgren (P) – Out indefinitely recovering from Tommy John surgery.
- Chase Whitley (P) – Will begin season on DL with staph infection.
- Grant Dayton (P) – Out indefinitely recovering from Tommy John surgery.
- Johan Camargo (3B) – Likely to be on DL for first week due to back pain.
- Luiz Gohara (P) – Out until at least May, possibly longer, with sprained left ankle.
- J.T. Realmuto (C) – Likely to start season on DL with back contusion.
- Martin Prado (3B) – Opening season on DL with knee surgery rehab.
- JT Riddle (SS) – Likely to start season on DL with right shoulder soreness.
- Dan Straily (P) – Will begin season on DL with right forearm inflammation.
- Wei-Yin Chen (P) – Day to day, threw 16 pitch bullpen on 03/25/2018.
- Elieser Hernandez (P) – Building back arm strength after dental work – day to day.
New York Mets:
- Dominic Smith (1B) – MRI confirmed a strained right quadricep, out indefinitely – 02/27/2018
- David Wright (3B) – Minimum 8 weeks without baseball activity – 03/13/2018
- T.J. Rivera (3B) – On 60-day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery – 02/18/2018
- Michael Conforto (LF) – Possible return in early April.
- Jason Vargas (P) – Underwent surgery to repair right hand fracture – 03/20/2018
- Jerad Eickhoff (P) – Out 6-8 weeks with strained right lat – 03/16/2018
- Mark Leiter Jr. (P) – Out until at least May with strained right flexor pronator.
- Koda Glover (P) – Day to day with right shoulder inflammation.
- Joaquin Benoit (P) – Day to day with right forearm strain.
- Daniel Murphy (2B) – Likely to start season on DL after undergoing right knee surgery.
- Joe Ross (P) – Currently on the 60-day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- Drew Smyly (P) – Currently on the 60-day DL after undergoing Tommy John surgery.
- Michael Lorenzen (P) – Will begin season on DL with shoulder injury.
- Kevin Shackelford (P) – Will begin season on DL with elbow injury.
- Rookie Davis (P) – Recovering from right hip surgery underwent in October.
- Anthony DeSclafani (P) – Will begin season on DL with oblique strain.
- Brandon Finnegan (P) – Will begin season on DL, possible return on 04/08/2018 – 04/09/2018
- Boone Logan (P) – Out for opening day with left triceps strain.
- Stephen Vogt (C) – Likely out for opening day with shoulder strain.
- Jimmy Nelson (P) – Out indefinitely recovering from September shoulder surgery.
- Nick Burdi (P) – Currently on the 60-day DL.
- A.J. Schugel (P) – Likely to start season on 10-day DL with shoulder discomfort.
St. Louis Cardinals:
- Alex Reyes (P) – Expected to return May 1st.
- Adam Wainwright (P) – Out indefinitely with strained left hamstring – 03/25/2018.
- Luke Gregerson (P) – Currently on DL with left hamstring strain – 03/24/2018
- Steven Souza Jr. (RF) – Set to start season on DL with right pectoral strain.
- Shelby Miller (P) – Expected back midseason after undergoing Tommy John surgery. Currently on 60-day DL.
- Carlos Estevez (P) – Day to day with a tweaked left side muscle.
- Gerardo Parra (LF) – Out indefinitely after undergoing right hand surgery – 02/16/2018
- Jeff Hoffman (P) – Scratched from roster 03/04/2018 with right shoulder soreness, out indefinitely.
Los Angeles Dodgers:
- Tom Koehler (P) – Out indefinitely with anterior shoulder capsule sprain.
- Julio Urias (P) – Currently on the 60-day DL after undergoing left shoulder surgery, out until at least May.
- Justin Turner (3B) – Out indefinitely with broken left wrist.
San Diego Padres:
- Matt Strahm (P) – Out indefinitely after undergoing knee surgery in July.
- Allen Cordoba (SS) – Out indefinitely with concussion.
- Alex Dickerson (LF) – Out for season with UCL sprain in left elbow.
- Dinelson Lamet (P) – Out indefinitely with elbow issue, severity unknown.
- Colin Rea (P) – Day to day with right shoulder soreness.
San Francisco Giants:
- Will Smith (P) – Out indefinitely after undergoing Tommy John surgery on 03/30/2017
- Madison Bumgarner (P) – Out indefinitely with fractured left hand – 03/23/2018
- Jeff Samardzija (P) – Day to day with strained right pectoral muscle.
Picture Credit: TheRodeoRoundup.Com; RealClearSports.Com; MyMindOnSports.Com; CardinalRedBaseball.Wordpress.Com;